Monday, December 17, 2012

More Formative Assessment Ideas...

An Assessment Foldable: 


On this foldable are sections for Agree/Disagree, True/False, multiple choice letters of A,B,C,D and numbers 1,2,3,4.  There is also a section for a "stoplight."  One last section is for a student name plate.



For multiple choice answers of  1,2,3 or 4:



For responding as Agree or Disagree:



For multiple choice answers of A, B, C or D:


Stoplight:  Red = I'm stuck.
Yellow = I need to slow down and review.
Green = I'm good to go! 


For responding to True/False questions:




Color Cards: 

I used a craft punch to create decorative circles and various colors.  Next, I laminated the circles, cut them out and placed on a binder ring.  Each color can indicate multiple things.  For instance, pink could equal True while orange could represent False.  Simply have the students to display the color on their desk or in the air for a quick assessment.  The colors red, yellow and green can be used like the stoplight.  As students read and article or work on answering questions, they can display certain colors to signify their understand or if they need help with something.







Exit Slip Collection Board:

I took business sized envelopes, sealed them and then cut the ends off to create pockets.  I then numbered each pocket and glued them to a piece of poster board.  Now each student can match their assigned number and place their exit slip into the pocket on their way out the door!  



The Stoplight: 

Students are given a small sticky/post-it note.  I take the 1x1 size and cut it into thirds.  Students then write their personal ID number on it and place it on the color that best represents their individual level of understanding.

Stoplight:  Red = I'm stuck.
Yellow = I need to slow down and review.
Green = I'm good to go! 



3 comments:

Kate said...

Stephanie,
You have some outstanding ideas for formative assessment! I really like the exit ticket holder because I am sometimes attending to a student in need at the end of class. I'm really glad I stumbled across your blog on Pinterest. Happy Teaching!
Katesclassroomcafe.blogspot.com
-Kate

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for the kind words! I can't take all of the credit myself. A lot of the ideas were taken straight from Pinterest. I've enjoyed taking the ideas and tweaking them to work in my classroom. What did we do before Pinterest??? :)

Crafteechic said...

I love the poster board. That is a great keeper of exit slips!! TFS